Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Being A Part of the Team

So, I'm starting my second week at Target tomorrow (essenitally). I really don't know how I feel about it. The first day I was not having it. The second day was better, but I just have no desire to be in a retail environment again.

However, tonight I got a clue as to what my job title might actually be. The cashier trainer tonight mentioned that I have some level of clearance or access to something. She asked if I was a "Team Lead" which means am I a manager of a particular department. I said I wasn't, but I am getting paid a little more for whatever the hell I'm supposed to do. That's another thing, I don't know what my job is? I've read the description and the things I'm responsible for, but it's like they're talking in a different language. I'm serious. Target definately has their own lingo and it's not translateable. I just want someone to explain to me what I'm doing with no bullshit "team talk". And I'd like to know if I have a greater duty than that my co-workers because then I'll most definately have to step it up a notch.

No comments: