Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oscar Picks



Well, I'm no expert, but here are my picks. Granted I haven't seen the majority of the movies, but I read and know my shit.

Best Picture
No Country for Old Men



Simply one of the best films I've seen all year. It has everything: suspense, humor, great acting, great editing, great cinematography.

Best Director
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men



These two deserve the press and accolades for this movie. Plus, they've been making movies for a long time and haven't got any Oscar gold for best picture.

Best Actor
Daniel Day-Lewis, There Will Be Blood



His name alone deserves an award.

Best Actress
Marion Cotillard, La Vie en Rose



I'm hoping for an upset here. Julie Christie is supposed to win apparently. But I've seen Cotillard act before and if what I've heard is true, she's the one deserving to win.

Best Supporting Actor
Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men



If you've seen this movie, you know he's one scary mo-fo.

Best Supporting Actress
Tilda Swinton, Michael Clayton


I haven't seen this movie, but I hear she's the frigid bitch to beat.

Best Original Screenplay
Diablo Cody, Juno



This movie deserves a win and why not give it to the woman who wrote the best heart-felt movie of the year?

Best Adapted Screenplay
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men



Again. Give it to 'em.

Best Foreign Language Film
The Counterfeiters, Austria



Yeah I don't know. This is Entertainment Weekly's pick, so, when in Rome.

Best Animated Film
Persepolis



I hope Disney/Pixar's bastard-child movie doesn't win. And I hear this movie is great.

Best Cinematography
Robert Elswit, There Will Be Blood



Yeah, the film looks beautiful.

Best Film Editing
Robert Jaynes, No Country for Old Men



So, apparently the Coen brothers edited their film, but edited under an alias. These two are weird.

Well, we'll find out tomorrow night how right I am.

No comments: