Sunday, December 10, 2006

A New Chapter, A New Blog...

So, I've sucummed to my worst fear. I've created a blog. Yes, learning about the power of blogs two years ago in my journalism classes seemed laughable. Now, I'm addicted to many blogs and can't get enough. Perhaps putting your thoughts out there is a true stress reliever (which I'm very much in need of now).

I'm graduating in a week (hopefully). I haven't a clue as to what to do. I'm an aspiring journalist who believes in the powers, dangers, and beauties of the pen. Alas, no one is hiring me. (Believe me, I've sent out my resume like a hooker who goes to the street corner for her next trick for that ever elusive crack money).

(Maybe I should be PC on my blog??? This could come back to bite me in the ass later in life...)

I hope to tickle the fancy of those out there who wish to know and read about my random ramblings. I also hope to stretch my creative juices until I can write those long, in-depth, well-researched articles for Vanity Fair. I will write about my life, my fam, my friends, politics, the media, and those minxy celebs with that juicy dish I so crave in Star magazine. (It's now my not-so-secret shame)!

Well, it's almost five in the AM, so, I'll just post a list of the top twenty movies I love. (Last night I was bored, what can I say).

My Top Twenty
1. Moulin Rouge
2. Eternal Sunshine
3. Mulholland Drive
4. Star Wars Trilogy (the original)
5. The Shawshank Redemption
6. All That Jazz
7. The Lion King
8. The Hours
9. X2
10. Gone With The Wind
11. Indiana Jones Trilogy
12. Clueless
13. Edward Scissorhands
14. The Silence of the Lambs
15. Walk the Line
16. Tommy Boy
17. Mean Girls
18. Wonder Boys
19. Cold Mountain
20. Finding Nemo

All...of these are my favs and earn ravs because these are the movies I quote most in my life. I'm kind of ashamed that there aren't more oldies in there. You know, the greats. But these are movies that I've (1) grown up with, (2) just fell madly in-love for, or, (3) maybe I'm shallow and like current movies.

Well, I hope this is the beginning of someting cool. Or, maybe just the first and last post. Goodnight world!

No comments: