Tuesday, December 12, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth



I just rented and got done watching "An Inconvenient Truth" and I can't tell you how imparative it is for everyone to see this film. I can't believe some people (politicans and the media) believe and write global warming off as a "theory". I hate these people and hope they die as soon as possible. I'm serious. I can't stand the ignorance that these people are inflicting on the U.S. We are the single leading producer of carbon dioxide (something I've actually known for a long time, thanks poli sci degree). But Al Gore does tell the audience that we have the technology to do something about it. It's just a matter of politics. I think every politican should see this film. I think every paper should write about global warming (even those down to the very smallest newspapers). It's something that must be talked about from the ground up.



I need to try and cut down my carbon producing. It of course will be hard. I already have started by (thank God) having a car that gets better gas mileage.



Another thing. I can't believe all the dedication Al Gore has put into this fight. To spread the word. I can't help but admire the man. He keeps going and going when all these people just don't listen. He's literally fighting to save the world.



One thing I didn't like was the coverage they do of the 2000 election. I mean, I would be hella bitter, but still, maybe overkill? Acutally the man has earned it. I mean look where we are now compared to where we could be if Gore was president? That's right, I'll take saving the world over securing oil reserves. Bush, and his Republican Bush wackers, can die.

A SIDE: It was a lecture with high-tech graphics, but the message was more important than how it was filmed.



Had chills down my back the entire viewing. ***A***

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i concur, my love, i concur...i just watched this recently as well & couldn't agree with you more...i can't wait to see you this weekend & discuss intellectually superior topics, our high-minded life ambitions &...celebrity gossip ;)