Friday, December 7, 2007

Dreaming of It...

So, I was driving stoned from J-dawgs' bro's and "Californication" by the Red Hot Chilli Peppers came on and I was thinking of no. 1 how amazing this band is, and no. 2, how right on the money that songs is.



There's sort of a refuge that people think of when they think of California. They think if they escape there they'll become the big star, or find more to their lives than they do now. A lot of times they get caught up in it though. All the bullshit. They get caught in trying to change into someone they think they want to be and step further and further away from the person they are.



I think there's a lot of knowledge out west and I want to go out there. To live away from this stone tower surrounded by walls of fields. It's suffocating. I want inspiration and experience. Sometimes I think I've exhausted everything there in Missouri. I know you have to make your own fun, but it's more than just fun, it's knowledge and experience I seek. And believe it or not, those things are limited where I am. Perhaps I won't even be happy elsewhere. Maybe this is as good as it gets?



I need a job to occupy my boredom.

No comments: