Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Stolen Survey



PERSONAL
1.Are your parents still married?
No, they divorced my eighth or ninth grade year

2.How many siblings do you have?
One

3.Where did you grow up?
Jeff Shitty

4.What is the longest friendship you currently have?
I would say Les and Nathan since 7th/8th grade. So, ten years roughly.

5.Do you have a religious affiliation? What is it and are you active in it?
My family went to Baptist church, but I don't subscribe to any religion b/c I really don't believe in them.

6.Is there any philosophy or doctrine of life you try and live by?
1) What goes around comes around. 2) Do your momma/family right. 3) Live life according to your rules. 4) Have fun b/c no matter if we get one of these or 12, your living here and now. Better rock it.

7.Is your family close? What about extended family?
Not really. We don't talk about things. My dad's family is more open, but I don't talk to them.

8.Ever been in love? Still in love?
No and no.

9.Thing you most hate about yourself?
I can't say "no" and I feel emotionally detached a lot.

10.Thing you like most about yourself?
I'm smart, funny and kind. I think I'm a cool person.


THIS OR THAT
1.Cremation or burial?
Burn my ass at the stake.

2.Drown to death or freeze to death?
Drown. It'd be quicker.

3.Lord of the Rings, Star Wars or Harry Potter?
Star Wars.

4.Hurricane or tornado?
Tornado. Hurricanes seem to fuck up everything.

5.Cuddling or making out?
Hmm...both are nice.

6.MySpace or FaceBook?
MySpace

7.Book or movie?
It depends. While there are many a great movie out there, sometimes a book can just hit the spot untouched by movies.

8.Steak or lobster?
Lobster. Delicious.

9. School or career?
God I miss school.

10.Renaissance art or impressionism art?
Jesus, I hate talking about art. What's to talk about? Either you like it, or you don't.


MUSIC
1.Song to be played at your wedding?
Many good ones out there. I love Lauryn Hill's cover of "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You".

2.Song to be played at your funeral?
Something cheery.

3.Song played when you are feeling down?
It depends if I want to feel better or worse. Usually worse.

4.Song played in celebration?
Anything fun.

5.Song played during road rage?
Anything rap.

6.Song that you can never get enough of?
Any classic rock.

7.Song that most annoys you?
Top 40 crap.

8.Song most often stuck in your head?
I never have any one song stuck up there for any certain length of time.

9.Song that causes you to feel nostalgic?
Again, anything classic rock that my Dad would listen to when I was a child.

10.Best love song?
Landslide. Heartbreaking, tradgic, yearning. That's real love.

RELATIONSHIPS
1.What is your current relationship status?
Single.

2.Do you believe it's possible for two people to fall in love and remain together happily for all their life?
Yes, in theory.

3.Do you believe it's possible for YOU to fall in love with one person and remain happily with them forever?
Yes, in theory.

4.Do you believe everyone has only ONE true love?
Unfortunately no. I believe the possibility is out there for all of us to have many great experiences with many people. It all depends if we meet them or not, or if you settle or not. And I don't think there's anything wrong with settling.

5.If you are cheated on, does that person deserve a second chance? Would you give that person a second chance (this is different than deserves one)?
No and no. I've seen my mom forgive and forgive in her marriage, but one thing she didn't take was cheating and that IS the deal breaker.

6.How much of your happiness/mood depends on your relationship status?
None.

7.Do you see yourself getting married? If so, when? If not, then why?
If I lived somewhere where I could marry, then yeah, I would. Maybe my late 20s (which is fastly approaching)/early 30s.

8.What is more powerful, lust or love?
Love. Hands down.

9.Do you think when love happens, you just know you are in love – or is it more complicated?
I think people know when they're in love. It's just getting over the denial part.

10.How much should sex have to do with love?
I think sex has a lot to do with it. Or it should.




CAREER
1.What is your ideal job?
One where I can write and meet lots of people.

2.Are you in your ideal job now? If not, will your current job help attain your ideal job?
I've found two great jobs I enjoy and would like to continue down those paths.

3.Do you prefer a workplace that is strictly business or one where colleagues are friends?
Colleagues as friends.

4.How long have you been set on the career or field of career that you now aspire to?
Since high school.

5.How much do you think effort and focus contribute to success compared to who you know?
I think it's all about who you know. I've seen the proof in the pudding.

6.What is your current job?
Part-time journalist/humane society.

7.One thing you would change about your job?
Cutting down on the crazies.

8. What is the best thing about your job?
My co-workers. They're amazing.

9. What is the job you would most hate?
Anything in the service industry.

10. Job you wanted in elementary school?
Egyptologist or marine biologist.

FOOD
1.What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Dr Pepper.

2.What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Depends if I want to be;

Classy: Gin and tonic, bloody mary
Trashy: Tequila shots, Rum n' diet
or just plan Sassy: Beer. Basically any kind.

3.What is your favorite meal?
Anything really. Cheese helps that out, too.

4.What is your favorite dessert?
Anything.

5.What is your favorite fruit?
Oranges.

6.What is your favorite genre of food?
The kind you eat.

7.What is a food you will never try?
I'm pretty sure I'd try anything at least once.

8.What food always makes you happy?
I don't know if food makes me happy. I think I've grown out of my fat phase.

9.Do you think chocolate is magic?
Depends if there's anything wacky in it.

10.What is your best meal/bake good that you can cook?
I can make a lot. But I'm known for my corn bread. (Yeah, I used to be a black woman in my previous life).

No comments: