Saturday, August 16, 2008

So Happy?

Okay. I've been thinking about "being happy" recently and what that really means.

I think people around me have been observing my behavior and my actions and have been concerned if I'm happy or in-touch with my obligations. To this I must address my current conscience status.

I believe that I'm doing well. I'm currently in a spot where I'm both secure and be able to move on in a moments notice.

Back when I was more ego driven, I would always feel as though I couldn't play the game (of life). As though life were a chess game, I felt I couldn't play, but because I was overwhelmed with the pressure of playing, I was always worried how to make the next move.

Now I know that I can play, and that I've been playing, and that I will win.

Let me get back to my point.

When people ask "How's it going?" or "How are you"? I've never been able to give an accurate portrait of how I feel and I'm always stupefied to stop and think about it.

This all leads to the absorption of the current moment. A lot of people associate happiness to what they've accomplished, accumulated, amassed, etc. in their life, to their feelings about themselves. This leads to making feelings about yourself. (Feelings are made, not natural).

So, when you ask, "How are you"? I add my current "wealth" to what I associate as to being what's important. And what is important is what makes you happy, right?

What is important? Being in the moment. (My point. *ding* *ding* *ding*)

Rationally absorbing the emotions you experience from one given hour of the day to the next is important. I now recognize when I'm experiencing emotions, rather than giving myself over to my emotions.

This is a monumental break-through. It is freeing, while also making you feel guilty that others can't see yourself acting in a way that's best for you.

I know I'm fortunate enough to have vocal enough people in my life to raise their concern for me, and bring those concerns to me. This questioning of my status helps to reflect on my current reality and center myself. That is why there is meant to be more than one person on the planet, not to better the unit, but to better the individual. Thus bettering the whole.

These are all very big break-through's. Be impressed.

I just wrote a novel.

No comments: