Friday, May 9, 2008

A Change In Me



You come to me after minutes, hours, months and years.

You come to tell me that it is I who has changed.

"You've changed," you say as if that were something wrong.

"Maybe," I say.

"You're not the person I once knew."

But who is that person but a perception of your own view?

"We are but the dust of stars' thoughts. And knowing one's self is purely of selfish costs."

"We all should know who we are."

Really? Then what is left of this journey after stars?

"We should never stop asking who we are. For after this beauty of body decades, what is left is made of eternal shades."

"I don't understand," you say.

Then perhaps it is you who has been imprisoned by your own chains.

1 comment:

Justin Scott said...

i keep coming back to this post, i love it so much.