Saturday, May 5, 2007

"Splat!"

This particular episode of "Sex and the City" titled "Splat!" is one that I love. It's one of my favorites because it symbolizes the change in the show. The beginning of the end of the show. It features a lot of the girls in their own storylines for the majority of the episode and has some really great performances.



One thing in particular is Miranda and Carrie's fight they both have at the episode's end. During their heated exchange Miranda says to Carrie, "You can't quit your column. It's who you are." Carrie rebuttles with, "No it's not who I am, it's what I do. That's my column."



On the commentary Michael Patrick King discusses how the writers of the show all agreed that no writer would ever say that, and for Carrie to say that was hard for them to write into the show.



I couldn't agree more with the writers and King. I hope to never, never, EVER say those words about my job and ESPECIALLY about writing. I don't think I'll ever consider journalism or writing a job. It's fun. I really enjoy it and I can't believe that people can have jobs where all they do is write. I love writing and hope to do it forever. I have to enjoy my job. Bottom line.

1 comment:

Kurma said...

If my writing sucks, does that mean I suck?`No writer may believe that their writing is substandard, but it truch, it might be. I would never judge a person's character by the quality of their writing.